BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, COUNTRY LOCATED IN THE SOUTHEAST EUROPE, IS SITUATED ON THE PREDOMINANTLY MOUNTAINOUS AREA. THERE ARE ELEVEN MOUNTAINS OVER 2000 M (6561 FT) HIGH SO IT CAN BE A PERFECT DESTINATION FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO HIKE. THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN IS MAGLIĆ WITH AN ELEVATION OF 2386 M (7828 FT).
This mountain is surrounded by the river Sutjeska on the west, Mount Volujak on the southwest, the Drina and Piva rivers on the northeast and by Mount Bioč to the southeast. On this mountain you can walk through the one of the last preserved rainforest in Europe called Peručica which is part of the Sutjeska National Park.
Climbing to the top of Maglić is not too challenging but requires good physical condition and the right hiking equipment. As your starting point you can choose beautiful Trnovačko Jezero (lake) a picturesque body of water, from which it takes around 4 hours to the top.
The five highest peaks in Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- Maglić – 2386 m (7828 ft), on the border of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro
- Velika Vlasulja – 2377 m (7798 ft), on the mountain Volujak, southwest part of the mountain range Maglić-Volujak-Bioč
- Pločno – 2228 m (7309 ft), on the mountain Čvrsnica which is a part of the nature park Blidinje, north part of Herzegovina on the right bank of the river Neretva
- Zelena Glava - 2115 m (6938 ft), on the mountain range Prenj, central part of Dinaric Alps
- Nadkrstac – 2112 m (6929 ft), on the mountain Vranica, between the cities Uskoplje and Fojnica
LATEST BLOG POSTS
I quit the rat-race to live a more adventurous life. This is my journey.