MOLDOVEANU PEAK IS THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN IN ROMANIA STANDING AT 2544 M (8346 FT) ABOVE SEA LEVEL. THE PEAK IS LOCATED IN THE ARGEȘ COUNTY AND IS PART OF THE FĂGĂRAȘ MOUNTAINS OF THE SOUTHERN CARPATHIANS IN ROMANIA.
Moldoveanu Peak is mostly associated with its green slopes and valleys in summer, that turn white in winter. The mountain lies rather far from the town of Braşov, as well as main roads, so it normally takes up to four days to complete a round trip from the town.
During summer, the ascent is relatively simple and doesn’t require any special training or equipment, however, since it is a long hike, climbers have to carry enough necessities for four days. The most popular routes to reach the summit lie over the top of the second largest mountain in Romania - Viștea Mare. Together the two mountains form a mountain ridge, symbolic and recognizable in Romania.
THE FIVE HIGHEST POINTS IN ROMANIA:
- Moldoveanu Peak - 2544 m (8346 ft), in Argeș County, in the Făgăraș Mountains of the Southern Carpathians, Romania.
- Viștea Mare – 2527 m (8291 ft), in Braşov County, in the Făgăraș Mountains of the Southern Carpathians, Romania.
- Parângu Mare - 2519 m (8264 ft), in the Parâng Mountains of the Southern Carpathians, Romania.
- Peleaga - 2509 m (8232 ft), in Hunedoara County, in the Retezat Mountains of the Southern Carpathians, Romania.
- Tâmpa, Brașov - 960 m (3150 ft), in Brașov County, in the Postăvarul Massif of the Eastern Carpathians, Romania.
LATEST BLOG POSTS
I quit the rat-race to live a more adventurous life. This is my journey.