mount washington is part of the presidential range, a section of the white mountains in new hampshire, usa, located about 200km north of boston.
Topping out at 1917m above sea level, Mount Washington is the highest point of the northeastern USA. It is located in the White Mountain National Forest and can be reached by car, on foot or by a railway that brings visitors all the way to the top.
WE HAVE A NUMBER OF ARTICLES AND RESOURCES RELATED TO MOUNT washington:
Includes more detailed information about the location, geography, history and wildlife, as well as its extreme weather conditions, the best time to climb, first climb and a climbing and hiking guide.
Explore our Mountain Info section to find lists of more notable peaks across the US and other continents.
Browse our section of books and guidebooks about mountains and mountaineering
Read more about Mount Adams, the second highest mountain in New Hampshire. Includes all the details about its location, first ascent, as well as information about climbing and hiking in the surrounding area
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN:
- Read about the tallest mountain in Europe
- Read about the tallest mountain in Asia
- Read about the tallest mountain in North America
- Read about the tallest mountain in South America
- Read about the tallest mountain in Africa
- Read about the tallest mountain in Australia
- Read about the highest mountain in Antarctica
LATEST BLOG POSTS
I quit the rat-race to live a more adventurous life. This is my journey.