PANORAMA POINT IS THE HIGHEST NATURAL POINT IN THE US STATE OF NEBRASKA STANDING AT 1653 M (5423 FT) ABOVE SEA LEVEL. IT IS LOCATED IN KIMBALL COUNTY, AT THE BORDER BETWEEN THE STATES OF NEBRASKA, WYOMING AND COLORADO.
Panorama Point is not actually a mountain or a hill, despite its name. In fact, it is a terrain rise on the High Plains. In order to mark this point, there is a stone cairn and a guest register. It is part of the private property, however, the land owners welcome highpointers throughout the year and encourage hiking. The area receives a large amount of rain and snowfall, causing the roads to be closed for safety reasons at times. Panorama Point opens a beautiful landscape view over the vast plains, as well as the Rocky Mountains in the west.
It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Nebraska, primarily due to recent highpointing rise in popularity. The ascent is relatively easy. Thus, no special skills, training or equipment is required.
THE FIVE HIGHEST PEAKS IN NEBRASKA:
- Panorama Point - 1653 m (5423 ft), in Kimball County, Nebraska, the United States.
- Hogback Mountain - 1545 m (5069 ft), in Banner County, Nebraska, the United States.
- Mount Edna - 1533 m (5030 ft), in Sioux County, Nebraska, the United States.
- Lovers Leap Butte - 1500 m (4921 ft), in Banner County, Nebraska, the United States.
- Table Top Mountain - 1465 m (4806 ft), in Banner County, Nebraska, the United States.
LATEST BLOG POSTS
I quit the rat-race to live a more adventurous life. This is my journey.